Febrile Antigens are stained bacterial suspensions that can be used either as a screening test, (rapid slide agglutinating procedure) or as a confirmatory test (tube agglutination) to verify positive results found by the rapid slide method.
In the event of an infection by a pathogenic micro-organism, antibodies are produced against the the micro-organism. This test is used to detect these antibodies and it can also be used to measure a rise or fall in antibody titre, as the infection progresses.
Biotec’s bacterial suspensions are standardised suspensions of S-phase killed bacteria, which have been stained to improve the reading of the agglutination reaction.
- Excellent avidity
- Long shelf life
- Clear end point
- Easy to read
- Salmonella O Antigen Group A
- Salmonella O Antigen Group B
- Salmonella O Antigen Group C
- Salmonella O Antigen Group D (Typhi O)
- Salmonella H Antigen Group a
- Salmonella H Antigen Group b
- Salmonella H Antigen Group c
- Salmonella H Antigen Group d (Typhi H)